Friday, November 4, 2011

Discombobulated

I have a feeling like "place lag" - a cousin to jet lag. Conceptually, I know I'm here at Lord's Point, but my body could be anywhere -- Sarasota like last week, Gothenburg like a a month ago, or Botswana like next week.  To add to my confusion, friends from Canton (CT) are staying because they still have no power -- but they are usually summer visitors, and the waterfront scene tells my brain it is not summer. Added to which, three of the four (plus dog) guests should be in Moscow -- they are in the US only because their visas have expired and they must get a new one.

It's a very strange feeling.  I wonder if it has an "Official Name" or if I am the first to label it?  Like jet lag, I'm sure it will pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment