Saturday, March 24, 2012

Frustrations

Maybe "the gods" are after me for yesterday's fun activities, but whatever the reason, today had its share of frustrations. As followers may remember, I'm working on a conference abstract. My first attempt was 3,600 words (it needs to be 1500), and despite many reworkings to cut and simplify - to the point of dullness -- I can't get below 1576. ... Maybe tomorrow.

Then my lighthouse painting is not going well. I have a "waterfall" where I should just have water splashing over the rocks into a pool.  Usually when I try to make my own "adjustments" I end up making a mess of things, so I should my problem for help from the instructor (a frustrating state of affairs).  I even started a new version, but then abandoned it because I know I'll only fall into the same traps and lose my patience even sooner.  Real frustration here.



Finally, to cap it all, when I took the newspaper to the beach to read, even the wind was against me.


O.K., I know things could be worse ... but I hope they don't get that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment