On a trip to Holdridge Nursery in Ledyard to purchase a larger pot for our ever-expanding "money plant" - I don't know where the name came from, but that's what my father used to call it and said that every time you went by you needed to rub a leaf and say "Money, money, money" - so that's the tradition here. (I think it is really called a jade plant) .....
I was struck by a similarity between what looked like bundles of straw
and the elephant dung we had seen in Botswana
Also, I couldn't help comparing ..

the gorgeous "traditional"poinsettias with the "hip"versions I had
seen inMcQuades supermarket (posted on this blog earlier in the week) or the photo Mary emailed me from Gig Harbor.
Returning home, I noticed an unusual bird in the "pussy-willow tree" at the edge of our "boatyard". Indoctrinated by our exposure to "birding" in Botswana, I immediately used my new, powerful binoculars designed for such purposes. I had a hunch that it was an osprey - so did a comparison with a picture gleaned from Google Images.
I decided it was an osprey - a "first" for our yard.





No comments:
Post a Comment