At last - the day that Ulla and Kaj were to be married! Jack and I were unable to travel to the wedding at Teleborgs Castle in Vaxjo, Sweden, so we decided to have a "parallel celebration." Some time ago Ulla told me the menu would be caviar, duck and lemon mousse, so I hunted through my cookbooks and on the internet to find some doable recipes. We needed to eat at 1PM to keep time with their "wedding breakfast" at 7PM Swedish time.
I was busy cooking all morning, first the mousse and then the main course - duck breast with lingonberry sauce served on wilted lettuce.
We got dressed for the occasion (at least from the waist up)
And enjoyed our lunch.
Then it was time for our toast. Ulla's nephew Erik was the master of ceremonies and he set up a Skype arrangement. Jack and I appeared on a big screen and made our toast -
The only thing left was to do the dishes!
I'm happy I was a part of Ulla's special day!









No comments:
Post a Comment