Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Awaiting comments

Now I know that followers can comment again, I'd better write something provocative so they can think of something witty to say.  But my last couple of days have hardly been provoke-making. Yesterday it poured rain all day -- so hard that I needed a raincoat to step out on the deck to pick tomatoes for lunch.  Jack bailed the dinghies two times, getting soaked in the process. I didn't fare much better at my desk; after spending my allotted time on bibliographic work, I put on the earphones to begin transcribing.  But the recording was a double spped and I could see no way to change it -- and only had a basic manual.  In the end I emailed technical support, but it was not till this morning that I received a reply, and by then I was busy Skyping with U Gothenburg colleagues.  (If you want to comment on ways to avoid doing distasteful projects, go ahead!)

The most exciting thing today (OK start thinking of an ironic comment) happened just as I was starting to prepare supper.  Jack came in saying, "The people opposite have just put out a cooler and a sign saying, 'Free bluefish, caught today'".  My plans changed immediately, and thanks to www.recipes.com, we had a delicious dinner -- much better than my planned left-overs.  (Now they are left-left-overs.)

You can also leave a comment with your estimate as to how much transcription I will complete tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment