Saturday, August 20, 2011

Salmon Quest

I have a new quest!  12 different salmon recipes, to be presented at the table within the year and with evaluations based on a scale of one to five fishhooks.

I've completed two these past two weeks:
- August 13: Baked salmon with green aioli, and
- August 20: Salmon with basil tapenade.
Scoring raises issues of the type of salmon used, whether the fish was overcooked, and personal palate preferences, such as the amount of garlic in the sauce.  Nevertheless, in the absence of an objective scale, both these recipes received a 5 fishhook rating.  It remains to be seen whether all salmon recipes will recieve so many fishhooks!  And of course the moderating variable of the quantity and quality of wine consumed with the meal also has a marked effect.

How was it I avoided all such tricky issues during my alphabet pie quest?

No comments:

Post a Comment