Are the newspapers in cahoots? Today the New York TImes had an article on the thrill of boredom -- this time written by a professor who has written a book on the subject. He does tie it to one of my favorite art-forms, graffiti, so clearly (what a loaded word!) this man is to be believed!
So, I shall pursue boredom to move my various research projects forward, tacking each project in turn, working on the stuff that must be done but I have avoided doing, then moving on to a different project when boredom overtakes me. At least it worked today as I read and made notes on a book by Nigel Cross, updated my Endnote bibliography, and thought about new directions for my project with Jeanie. All the same, I'm not sure how long I can keep it up -- I'll let you know when I feel moved to go out and create some graffiti.
No comments:
Post a Comment