Saturday, August 6, 2011

Re-entering

my former world .. slowly. Most of the physical traces of the past week are put away, and Jack's and my lives have resumed their predicatable normalcy.  One favorable sign: I read Scott Adams' column in the WSJ today where he claimed that boredom is necessary for creativity.  I need the latter, so I'd better endure the former!  In my mind I am prioritizing the several research projects I dropped at the middle of July.  I need to find a way to get them all spinning again and moving foreward - even at a snail's pace.

 My one notable achievement of the day was to locate photos of various small craft to compose a collage of the Dean/Woodilla flotilla,

-- starting at the bottom with the Little Blue Boat, (affectionately called Tub) that my brother and I rowed and sailed when I was about 10, through our plywood Enterprise class sailing dinghy North A  (under the carport of our summer house near Stone, Essex), that we raced at the Stone Sailing Club, to the first Woodilla sailboat, Nerisa, a 26ft MacWester, and her tender, Portia, (see Merchant of Venice), inherited from Jack's friend Mel, when he moved inland from the Boston area,  and KaDaMa, a little wooden pram dinghy to teach our children boating and boat maintenance skills. Both were replaced by Cerlerity, a 13 ft O'Day, (Portia stayed as a rowboat to each the mooring), which in turn was exchanged for  Wind 'N Go, a 19ft Rhodes with a fixed keel and a motor-powered inflatable dinghy Puff. Finally our latest addition, the Pilot,   used for Grandpa's sailing school.

No comments:

Post a Comment