Thursday, October 6, 2011

Slog

I'm gradually getting my computer back to its preferred state.  I've reinstalled my important applications and have most of my favorite websites bookmarked.  But some things will never be the same -- for example, Skype installed itself as a new - improved? - version with an interface quite unlike the old one, so I have no idea how to engage in a Skype chat. And all the emoticons have vanished.  ;-(

So long as I'm battling with v.10.4.3.2 (or whatever it is in whatever I am reinstalling), I might as well slog my way through various other tasks, such as updating my bibliographic record in GUP -- the University of Gothenburg equivalent of Digital Measures.  I could be like other distinguished Visiting Professors, and leave it to an administrator, but it's been a point of honor for me to master the data entry system, after all, in my past life I complained about colleagues who never bothered to learn how to do it.  I'm also trying to master Mendeley, a cloud-based repository for sharing academic papers.  I'm definitely having less success with that, but tomorrow is another day ... and so is the next one after that!

No comments:

Post a Comment