It's been a very dull week -- of course it's only Wednesday, but even so nothing has happened that has been worth blogging about - and as you know, I can make a post out of trivial events. But today I had my first watercolor class, so I have something to report today and every Wednesday. It's a
continuing ed class at the
Ringling College of Art and Design, taught by a practicing artist who is also an experienced teacher. There are ten of us in the class, seven women, three men, most of the same age range and all except one complete novices. We're starting at the very beginning - how to "cut" paper without scissors, which colors go where in the palette, how to make a "thirsty brush", painting wet-on-wet and so on. After a demonstration by the instructor,
Graciela Giles, using three colors,
We tried to do it ourselves, with the instructor going form person to person, offering encouragement, critique, and instructions about what to do next - try again!
 |
| Here's my work area with painting on left |
I've got lots to learn, but I already know I like the medium because I have to work quickly and there's little opportunity for going back and reworking, which suits my impatient temperament. It will be a fun class!
looks like fun - enjoy. I'll look forward to viewing your progress.
ReplyDelete