Friday, January 27, 2012

Taking off again

I'd planned a nice long beach walk this morning, but was woken by thunder and lightning, with rain continuing for a while.  The skies brightened, but the walk was short -- even the terns on the beach seemed to be suffering form the change in weather -

I could rationalize and be happy to know that I will not be missing unusually warm weather while I am away, but the weather in Gothenburg has also taken a corresponding turn to the cold -- that means temperatures around the freezing mark and wet snow.  I'm glad I have my old winter jacket!

I leave Sarasota around six, fly via Atlanta to Amsterdam, and then on to Gothenburg. I hope to be in my flat around 6 PM local time (noon US) for a total elapsed time of 18 hours.  Just how much of that I sleep remains to be reported in my next blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment